QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- DATA SECURITY
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT Back to top
There are several ways that we may collect information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide To Us
We may collect information directly from you when you provide it to us on the Services. This may include when you use our Services, register or create an online account with us, purchase products or services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, enter into sweepstakes or other promotion, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, referrals, and information about your solar activities, such as home ownership, home statistics, home energy usage or utility provider, or demographic information.
You also may provide us with certain information in connection with your interactions with the Services:
- Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, we collect the necessary payment details to process your payment, depending on the form of payment you choose.
- Information You Provide Through Third-Party Websites or Services. If you connect or link to us through a third-party website or service, such as a social media account, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party websites or services. This may include, but may not be limited to, your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as online activity.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, clear GIFs, pixel tags, log files, and other technologies or third-party services to automatically or passively collect certain information about users of the Services and interactions with our emails and online advertisements.
We may also automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device Information: We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, system type, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the content, areas, or pages of the Services that you visit, the website or app from which you navigated to the Services, the page or app you visit after leaving the Services, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, as well as other click-stream or usage data, and whether you open, forward or click-through an email to the Services. For legal compliance purposes, we may also capture or record your interactions with www. snapnrack.com to confirm that your information was submitted to us through www.snapnrack.com
- Via Our Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our Site or Apps. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
To learn more about our interest-based advertising and your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the “How We Use Your Information” and “Your Choices and Opting Out” sections below.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may acquire information from other sources as follows:
- From Our Partners and Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to support our Services and perform other business processes on our behalf, including, without limitation, to perform credit checks and process credit card payments, and we may obtain information from these third parties.
- From Other Third Parties: We may obtain information about you from other third-party sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. This information may include your name, demographic information, utility usage information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as online activity.
We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the Services, target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
D. Combination of Information
We may combine the information that we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Services, as well as information collected from other online or offline sources, including from third-party sources and from your installed solar system.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION Back to top
A. Information Use By or For SnapNrack We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To analyze, improve, operate, and maintain the Services, our programs, services, and other systems, and to develop new products and services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, and to contact and communicate with you when necessary.
- To assess the suitability of your home for a solar system.
- To allow you to take certain actions related to your account, including, but not limited to, tracking the progress of your solar system installation, making and managing payments, viewing billing history, calculating your post-solar savings, reviewing and monitoring your solar production, managing your account and contact information, and viewing and downloading your solar system agreement.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To provide you and other users with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Services, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services, or via direct mail, email, and/or telemarketing regarding offers, contests, events, news, programs, and other retail opportunities from us and/or selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us.
Additionally, if you use the Services to connect with third-party services that you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
B. How We Use Your Information for Interest-Based Advertising
We also may display interest-based ads through Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms or websites. This is done through the Facebook Custom Audiences, Twitter Tailor Audiences, or other similar business tools. These tools allow us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us, without having to share your personal information with these social media platforms. We do this only by sharing hashed information (which converts your email or phone number to a unique string of numbers and letters) that the social media platform then matches data against its own data for the limited purpose of serving advertisements (either directly to you or to other lookalike audiences). The matched and unmatched hashes are then deleted, and are not used for any other purpose.
For information on your choices with respect to interest-based ads, see the “Interest Based Advertising Choices” section below.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION Back to top
We may disclose information that we collect from and about you as described below.
A. Sharing of Information by You
The Services offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your activity in connection with the Services may include filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products or services, inquiring about or purchasing products or services, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” our content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with the Services. Any information you may disclose through the Services, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas through the Services or other third-party websites, applications, or services that these Services may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
B. Sharing of Information by Us
We may share your personal information for business or commercial purposes as follows:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for business and operational purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business and who are required to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Marketing Partners and Other Third Parties SnapNrack does not monetize your information. SnapNrack may share your information with our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns. Within the past twelve months, SnapNrack has shared personal information in this manner.
- Compliance with Laws: We may access and disclose your information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any subpoenas, judicial processes, or government or regulatory requests and investigations.
- Enforcing Our Rights: We may disclose your information to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions (see https://snapnrack.com/terms-conditions/) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, or to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: We may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of our business. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be among the assets transferred.
- Safety: We may access and disclose your information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We may share your information as described to you at the point of collection.
- YOUR CHOICES & OPTING OUT Back to top
A. Cookies, Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable cookies or to control your tracking preferences.
B. Interest-Based Advertising Choices
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Service or across other websites and online services, please review the information below:
- To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- To opt out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. Even if you opt out, you still may receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your Service or usage information, or advertising from other third parties if they are not a DAA or NAI participating company.
C. Unsubscribing from Our Marketing Communications
We provide our customers, as well as individuals referred by our customers, with the opportunity to opt out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service.
To opt out of marketing communications or to request to be added to our Do Not Call List or Do Not Mail List, you may use one of these convenient methods:
- Email Offers: If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email, or by sending us an email or writing to us at the addresses listed below. You should note that unsubscribing from our emails will not automatically unsubscribe you from emails sent by any third party, and you will need to separately unsubscribe from such third party’s communication, if desired.
- Direct Mail Offers: If you do not wish to be notified by postal mail regarding products, services, events, programs, and offers that we believe you may find of interest, send us an email or write to us at the addresses listed below.
- Telemarketing: If you do not want to receive marketing phone calls from us, you may: (i) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Do Not Call” in the subject line; (ii) call customer care at 877-732-2860; (iii) ask to be placed on our Do Not Call list when you receive a call from us; or (iv) mail us at the address listed below. Once we place your name on our internal “Do Not Call” list, we will no longer call you for marketing purposes (unless you submit another inquiry or request another consultation/quote from us after your initial do-not-call request). We will honor your request as soon as reasonably practicable. You may still receive calls from third parties who are not calling on our behalf regarding their products and services, and you will need to separately request that those parties not call you.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more of our affiliates or subsidiaries, you must opt out individually from each of the brands from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications.
D. With Respect to Other Third-Party Communications
Any third parties to whom we may disclose your information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose your information, and your choices. If you want to learn more about their privacy practices, we encourage you to visit the websites of those third parties.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS Back to top
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You may request to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third parties to use for their own commercial purposes unless you later direct us to do so. To effect the opt out, please click on the Do Not Sell My Info link on our website footer or contact us at 1-855-478-6786.
To take advantage of your access and deletion rights, please click here or contact us at 1-855-478-6786. For verification purposes, please provide your name, address, telephone number and email address. Further information may be required for verification. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. We will respond to your opt out of sale requests as soon as reasonably possible.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information (like your transactional history and service usage), Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and profiles and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and profiles and inferences drawn from above
- We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and profiles and inferences drawn from above, which may be considered a “sale” of information under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS Back to top
The Services may contain links to third parties who partner with us. If you use those links, these third parties may collect information about you. We do not control third-party links or how these third parties collect and use your personal information. If you have any questions about their privacy practices, you should view their privacy policies and/or contact those third parties directly.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY Back to top
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that a child under the age of sixteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
- DATA SECURITY Back to top
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
- CONTACT INFORMATION Back to top
- By Mail: 775 Fiero Lane, Suite 200, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Via email to: email@example.com
- Via our toll-free number: 877-732-2860
Last Updated: December 17, 2019